I've Come to a Big Conclusion!

I have successfully been able to research ways of how I might approach getting work experience or a work placement and conclude that networking is crucial to my success and very important. Through self-promotion and using social media sites to network, I see these as invaluable ways of getting my name and work known by other designers and design agencies.

In light of this, I will be improving my online portfolio by wiping off the cobwebs and updating it regularly with more current work and blog articles, signing up to more designers and agencies via Twitter feeds to get a wider understanding of their thoughts and works and I will also start signing up for newsletters and RSS feeds in order to increase my knowledge of certain works within the wider industry of interactive media.

I have also come to realise that creating a creative CV in an innovative way and sending it to different design agencies and companies would be a unique way in which I could get my foot in the door.

In doing all these steps, I will ultimately develop myself as a multimedia practitioner on an interactive pathway and be developing and expanding my network as a whole to help me in getting work experience or a work placement in the near future.

OK, it sounds very 'essay-like,' (which it is) but over the Christmas holidays I hope to start putting into action these methods highlighted. I've started by re-jigging my blog template and adding various links to my top bar.

Over the next few weeks, I will be giving my online portfolio a new like of paint and trying to design something that can be implemented throughout my other social media links, for example, my blog and Twitter pages.

0 comments: