Do you know who works here?

1687950447

Yes that's right, I could tell you, but I'd have to kill you ...with laughter of course!

Although I can't say that I work in the building pictured above, I can say I don't work too far from it!

With it now being over a week since my immersion into the London lifestyle I thought it would be good to give an overview of what I've been experiencing down her in The Big Smoke!

Moving down the weekend before starting a new job in never easy but in my case it was and everything has run really smoothly. Having London on your door step is just brilliant! You get to quickly realise how important Oyster cards are too.

With regards to my new job I'm working as an in-house Junior Web Designer & Developer for the Evangelical Alliance in London. It's a Christian charity organization resourcing, networking and representing members by giving them a voice in parliament. They roughly have 28,000 individuals, 3,300 churches and 750 Christian organization within their network.

So as their 'in-house' Web Junior you'd think I'd be just be working on the same site day-in and day-out, but no, thankfully I'm not.

The resources the Alliance provides to its members includes a variation of content from sub sites, emails, newsletters and most importantly their Idea magazine.

I've therefore been touching up some images and graphics for newsletters banners, social media pages, editing videos and redesigning certain sub sections of one of their sub brands. I'm also helping to develop some wireframes for the new site they're currently trying to redesign.

As I'm only in a web team of two they're currently outsourcing the initial design and development of their new website however my aim is to get more of it done in-house to limit costs.

Come September I'll be also working on a project to design and develop a site aimed at 18 - 30 years old and have been selected as a possible project manager for a smaller job advertisement board site too.

For me this shows that not all in-house jobs that you may see are as boring as you first think they are.

All in all I'm enjoying London as it's a great place to live. I'm enjoying the job, building up professional experience and although my blogging may dry up a little, I am exactly where I want to be - A Multimedia Graduate working as a Web Designer in London.

Posted via email from City&Wool

0 comments: