TAT Augmented ID, The Future of Business Cards

I've spent my evening checking out some more Augmented Reality apps and this one really caught my eye. The app uses the Flickr facial recognition technology of Polar Rose to identify a person’s face and pull up info like their online profile and contact info. You can create your own profile and select what other people can pick up form you. This would be prefect for presentations, talks or conferences and an alternative way of networking without having to hand out business cards to everyone.

This is just a prototype at the moment but I think this could be an awesome app! I know some think 'Oh no! Someone's going to point their camera phone at me and steal my bank details' but it's not like that. Firstly you have to create your own profile and then you select what information you want to display, for example Facebook, Youtube, Twitter or general contact details.

All I can hope is that this app actually comes to pass! ...Although there could be alternatives out their that I haven't come across yet. If you do know of any apps like this one let me know!

For more information about this app and more check out the TAT website - http://www.tat.se/site/showroom/latest_design.html

Posted via email from City&Wool's Posterous

0 comments: