Some Old School MySpace Editing for Screaming Citizens

Over the last few weeks I've been working on a MySpace design for a local band called the Screaming Citizens. They've recently released their first album entitled 'Shock And Awe,' which is available to download on iTunes, and they wanted to promote it with a fresh new MySpace design.

Although MySpace's audience has decrease over the past few years, Screaming Citizens have been using their page as one of their main sources of contact getting over 54,000 hits!

With the release of their new album came new artwork, designed by Tony Ryland, my older brother. I have therefore used his artwork as a central point to my design as each track on their album has its own artwork. I've used some simply Flash animations using pictures that I had taken and I've added in my QR branding (Which was agreed by the band)

I found that customising the CSS within MySpace wasn't an easy task to do due to the fact it kept adding extra lines of code into my embedded Flash animation. In adding these extra lines, some of the functionalities within Flash weren't working i.e. the links to my website and the link to their album on iTunes. I have therefore added them further down the page.

Regarding the band itself, their music is awesome and I suggest you have a list to their samples on their MySpace!

Posted via email from City&Wool's Posterous

0 comments: