Design Evolution - Theory Into Practice - Notes

All graphic design - all image making, regardless of medium or intent - centres on manipulating form. 'Form' is stuff: shapes, lines, textures, words and pictures.

Project Case Studies -
Lunar Productions Identity by Tactical Magic
'We create a war room and cover the walls with our strategy, audiences, competition, benchmarks, reference material, and most of all - concept, concepts, concepts. Our clients are involved early in the process. They see the war room in process. They see our strategy become concepts - good and bad - and collaborate with us to contribute ideas and narrow the field' - Ben Johnson

Having a war room, first sounds awesome, but secondly is a better way to layout ideas and concepts. Seeing the masses of designs on their walls makes me realise how little I put in to design things. In adopting this design process I hope to develop my creativity and get more variation into my designs and concepts. It's an easy trap to fall into: drawing 2 or 3 quick designs then sticking with the best one. I think I need to change this and extend my process in designing more concepts.

Attached are just a few of the projects that were interesting.

Posted via email from City&Wool's Posterous

0 comments: