My Very Own Augmented Reality Layer

I've now signed up to be a Layar Developer.

'The Layar Reality Browser shows what is around you by displaying real time digital information on top of the real world as seen through the camera of your mobile phone. This technology is called Augmented Reality. We augment the real world as seen through your mobile phone, based on your location.

The idea is simple: Layar works by using a combination of the mobile phone’s camera, compass and GPS data to identify the user’s location and field of view, retrieve data based on those geographical coordinates, and overlay that data over the camera view.'


For more information on becoming a developer - http://site.layar.com/create/

I've also been using Hoppala Augmentation to set my layer up - http://augmentation.hoppala.eu/tutorial

It's currently in testing mode so it's not live on the Layar application yet.

Next I will be starting to design my own Augmented Reality Application by following this complex video tutorial -


Wish me luck!

Posted via email from City&Wool's Posterous

0 comments: