The Future isn't QR Codes, it's Clic2C

Two days ago I received an email from a guy called Alex McIntosh from DigitalSpace.

He had been reading my blog and had something to show me. That 'this is the future... no barcodes'

'Simply we can link any printed item (Leaflet , off the page add , packaging POS ) to the your mobile friendly web via a free to load application on a mobile device called Clic2c. This is enabled by digital watermarking of the printed piece which can be read securely by a camera on a mobile phone linking the device to the Content (video rich media) We feel there is a huge opportunity to enable consumers  to immediately interact with  brands , and interact in a secure mobile  way 

EG :An off the page advert can be linked directly to a web page on a mobile device in a secure way to serve up anything from a recipe to a coupon.'

 http://www.demodone.com/client-movies/clic2c-se.html

So in light of this, I had to try it myself. I went to their Clic2C website, downloaded the application on my HTC Legend and opened up one of their examples - http://www.clic2c.co.uk/example.html

It worked incredibly quickly. Within a few seconds of pointing my camera at the first example it open a browser window to a web page displaying interactive content.

Does this mean we won't need QR Codes any more? Well only if the method used in embedding the watermark is openly shared. As long as we know how to embed a watermark that will activate the browser to open a web page QR Codes could have some competition!

Posted via email from City&Wool's Posterous

0 comments: