Artefact 1 - A Survey on Quick Response Codes - Evaluation

To gain a better understanding of how users perceive Quick Response Code, I presented them with a survey consisting of 10 questions. This survey was then completed by 51 users. Although many users found it difficult to complete it due to a lack of knowledge on the subject, I found that the data gathered was useful in clarifying my second artefact. As technology and software play a big part in the success of QR Codes, I decided not to restrict the participants to any prior requirements and presented it to a mixture of users. This gave me a clearer picture on how well the technology had been adopted but also highlighted faults in the design of the survey itself. In not using any form of branching, all non-relevant questions where visible to all users. This included questions on scanning QR Codes although the user may not have a smartphone to do so. In choosing to use SurveyMonkey for the set  up and distribution of the survey it was easy and effortless. However if I were to re-design the survey I would have researched alternative online methods that would have supported branching, or possibly drawn upon my own abilities to created one myself. After a group discussion it was clear that some questions could have been improved in being more precise with scales and detail, in which I agreed. This included adding a visual element of a QR Code for users to see and example, and to change a large scale to a more precise, smaller scale to show more depth in the data. Although there were faults with the survey, which I could have improved, the outcome of the survey showed that there was no real public interest or engagement with QR Codes.

Posted via email from City&Wool's Posterous

0 comments: