What are Long Train Journeys for? - PRP Development

In my case it consisted of 4 hours of drawing, scribbling and note taking while trying to plan my second artefact.

As you know I've completed my first artefact and concluded that there was no real public interest or engagement with QR Codes. I am therefore going to create a selection of printed posters that test the following -
  • The comparison of traditional methods of data input to using QR Codes
  • From a selection of 4 different uses of QR Codes, which is considered to be the most beneficial?
  • How easy is it for smartphone users to set up a QR Code scanner/reader on their phones?
This will be done through the design of 5 simple posters -

Firstly, a 'How To' style poster explaining how to install a QR Code on your smartphone

To then continue the testing, the next four posters will test -
  • Download of extra video content
  • Download of an application
  • Download of music
  • Access contact details
To do this I need a product or service to advertise. I have therefore chosen to use it in a music industry/band promotion environment. I have chosen a local band as 'the product' and going to adjust the 4 different mobile downloads/services to promote them as a band. In doing this I can find which application of the QR Code was most beneficial to the user given that they are interest in the band to scan it in the first place.

From the data collected from the distribution of these poster to a small group of smartphone users, I will be promoting the use of QR Code in showing them how simple and easy they are to set up and finding out in which application it was most beneficial. To then keep in mind my research document, could QR Codes and Augmented Reality improve the way we share information/ideas with each other, I can use the most beneficial service to product my next artefact which hopefully be something to do with self-promotion. From a printed business card, a QR Code that sends the client/employer to a mobile optimised site that will include on of the following features depending on the outcome of this artefact.

So in summary, I now have to design these 5 posters and show them to a group of smartphone users. If you happen to have a smartphone and would like to take part in my focus group get in touch with me via email, Twitter or comment below. Thanks

Posted via email from City&Wool's Posterous

0 comments: