Artefact 4 -

I was reading through some of my notes for my previous artefacts and found some interesting points which will hopefully help me with my fourth artefact. I still want to keep close to my research document question in doing this artefact too - Could the use of QR Codes and Augmented Reality improve the way we share information and communicate with each other?
  • Without me telling you anything about myself and given that I'm happy to share all my information with you, would you be able to virtually get information from me via the use of a QR Codes and Augmented Reality
With keeping this idea of sharing personal information with a business card, I want to look at a more developed concept of the business card. This includes the use of Augmented Reality.

I want to look at face recognition software which would recognise a persons face and augment their virtual business card around their heads. I know there's already a concept idea for this as seen below, but I want to develop it and see how it can be improved. Ultimately I would like to develop my own version of this but I'm not entirely sure how I will go about it.

Here are some Action Script face recognition videos that I've found that might help -

And some face recognition software that might be of help - http://www.pittpatt.com/

And a final video of using just AR on a card. This could be the first step to artefact 4.

Using AR and a QR Code on a business card then to maybe develop that idea in the next artefact suggesting 'what if you don't have a business card at all?'

Some more geo-location based comments I took from my note book too -

  • Creating a digital footprint
  • Voice you opinion in a QR code and attach it to a government building
  • Using QR codes to find events each venue has a QR code with navigates you to the venue.

Posted via email from City&Wool's Posterous

0 comments: