Artefact 5 - Planning for the Creation of my Augmented Reality Business Card

To summaries my last artefact, it has given me good grounding for my next artefact (number 5) for developing my own Augmented Reality business card which will (hopefully) include virtual video content.

In researching methods to do this I've found two pathways to follow; One being an ActionScript 3.0 version utilizing a computer or laptop webcam, and the second pathway of developing it for Android using an Augmented Reality Software Development Kit (AR SDK) by Qualcomm.

In following the second pathway, I could actually use it on a supported mobile device which would be brilliant, but I'm struggling to get my head around the code, etc. so may have to keep to a simpler ActionScript 3.0 version until the next artefact.

I feel like I'm just scratching the surface but hopefully I can get the ball rolling over the next few days.

I'm also looking at the use of green screen to have my video with no background when displayed from the business card.

Posted via email from City&Wool's Posterous

0 comments: